Padi Underwater Navigation
Did you really make your way back to the starting point on your open water and advanced open water navigation exercises using just your compass? You will on the PADI Underwater Navigation course.
Are you about to embark on your Rescue Diver and are concerned you might not find your ‘missing diver’?
Are you already a Rescue Diver but found the missing diver search a challenge, particularly if it was in low visibility?
The purpose of the PADI Underwater Navigation speciality course is to familiarise divers with the skills, knowledge, planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards, and enjoyment of underwater navigation.
Underwater navigation is a very important skill to learn and is vital for Rescue Divers, Divemasters, and Instructors. Here we’ll teach you not only how to do advanced navigation with a compass, but also how to use natural navigation while underwater.
Taking PADI Specialities is also a great way to achieve the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating and show others your experience and dedication.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Underwater Navigation Course
You’ll learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings. During three scuba dives, you’ll practice:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns.
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation similar to that of a PADI Open Water Diver).
- You should be in relatively good health and fitness. You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
PADI Course Introduction Video
- Course tuition
- eLearning or Course Manual
- First air fill at the open water site
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site (£15 – £27, payable directly to the site).
- Subsequent air fills (£2.50 – £3.50 payable directly to the site).
Self study with review prior to in water activities
Wraysbury Dive Centre, Wraysbury, Vobster Quay, Somerset or Stoney Cove, Leicestershire
PADI Underwater Navigation
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Inc. Advanced Open Water, Deep, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Drysuit, and Enriched Air etc…