Padi Advanced Open Water
ADVENTURE ONBECOME A PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER
The PADI Advanced Open Water scuba diving course is a great way to experience new and exciting diving environments of your choice
From Wreck, Search & Recovery, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Digital Imaging, SMB Deployment, or a Dry Suit Dive. Get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn and grow in confidence, under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
You will extend your depth range to 30 metres and learn to navigate underwater, as well as experience three further Adventure Dives of your choice.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course
2 core dives (Deep and Underwater navigation) and 3 elective dives (Drysuit, SMB, Wreck, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Digital Imaging, SMB Deployment)
There are no exams or classroom work on this course: you just need to complete the relevant sections of knowledge development (paper or digital), complete the knowledge reviews before the start of your course…..and have fun diving!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
An additional evening is needed if dry suit training is included.
- You must be 10 years old or older
- Good physical health. You will need to make sure that you can answer “No” to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course is designed for divers looking to explore different diving interests and who want to extend their depth limit to 30m. To certify as an Advanced Open Water diver you will need to complete five adventure dives. The beauty of this course is that the focus is on the diving with minimal classroom work… and no exam!
Why take the Advanced Open Water Diver certification? Perhaps you have just finished your Open Water Course and you are eager to take the next step, maybe you have been out of the water for a while, or maybe you learned to dive abroad and are interested in trying some of the amazing diving available in the UK.
The Advanced Open Water Course is scheduled over one weekend, plus an optional evening orientation pool session if you are wanting complete the drysuit training. Generally we spend day 1 at a local, shallower site and complete 2-3 dives there. Then on the Sunday we travel to a deeper site for the remaining dives – Stoney Cove or Vobster.
- Course tuition
- Crew Pack (paper or digital, your choice)
- Equipment hire
- First air fill at the open water site
- Certification ecard on completion
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Entrance to Dive Site – £15 per day Wraysbury, £27 per day Stoney Cove
- Subsequent air fills on open water dives (£3.50 -£4.50 payable directly to the site)
Wraysbury Dive Centre, Wraysbury
Vobster Quay, Radstock OR Stoney Cove, Stoney Stanton
PADI Course Introduction Video
PADI Advanced Open Water + Drysuit + Nitrox Specialities
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including Drysuit, Enriched Air, Advanced, Rescue, and First Aid modules, etc…