Padi Peak Performance Buoyancy
Float effortlessly, drifting over reefs. Be the diver you want to be, with ultimate buoyancy control, able to hover close to the bottom and examine underwater organisms without touching them.
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. In the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy speciality course, you will learn how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance.
During the PADI PPB course you learn to ascend and descend so effortlessly, that it seems like you only think about it and it happens. By mastering streamlining, you move through the water cleanly, efficiently, and gracefully. You swim near fragile environments without harm to them or yourself.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Peak Performance Bouyancy Course
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
- Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal
In the pool we will set you a number of buoyancy challenges, developing the skills you would have learned at open Water and beyond.
These challenges may include hovering in multiple positions, an obstacle course, reverse finning, and ‘egg and spoon’.
Open Water Dives
On open water dives 1 and 2, the challenges will include a buoyancy check, hovering, breath control buoyancy, efficient fin kicks, and an obstacle course.
For each skill, your instructor will be focussing on your buoyancy techniques, body position, and control. You will focus on reducing the amount of weight you need on a dive.
- Minimum 10 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation similar to that of a PADI Open Water Diver).
- You should be in relatively good health and fitness. You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
PADI Course Introduction Video
- Course tuition
- eLearning or Course Manual
- Air fills in the pool
- First air fill at the open water site
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site (£15 – £27, payable directly to the site).
- Subsequent air fills (£2.50 – £3.50 payable directly to the site).
Self study with review prior to in water activities
Wednesday Evenings: Malden Centre, New Malden
Wednesday Eve (term time only): St. Joseph’s School pool, West Norwood
Friday Evenings: Putney Leisure Centre, Putney
Wraysbury Dive Centre, Wraysbury, Vobster Quay, Somerset or Stoney Cove, Leicestershire
PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Inc. Advanced Open Water, Deep, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Drysuit, and Enriched Air etc…