Padi Open Water Diver
The PADI Open Water Course is the world’s most popular diver certification and is intended for people who have never dived before and who want to become qualified.
The PADI Open Water Course provides you with the knowledge needed to keep you safe as you experience your first breaths underwater and explore the underwater world.
Once certified you will be able to dive to 18m with a buddy.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you learn to dive, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to train safe and confident divers.
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and you enjoy your session more.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team.
- We understand that everyone is not necessarily a natural on day 1!
The PADI Open Water Diver Course
The PADI Open Water Course consists of 3 components:
- Knowledge Development (eLearning)
- Confined Water (pool)
- Open Water
The knowledge development is available in two formats, depending on your preferred style of learning:
- Paper based – (Manual + DVD)
- Digital – PC , Mac, Mobile device (iOS or Android)
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Confined Water / Knowledge Development – This can be completed over approximately 4 / 5 evenings
Open Water Dives – 1 additional weekend (both days)
- You must be 10 years old or older
- You will need adequate water skills- 200m swim & 10 min float.
- Good physical health. You will need to make sure that you can answer “No” to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
If you do not want to complete the open water section of the course in the UK, you can complete the confined water and knowledge development in the UK, and then the open water dives overseas at any PADI Centre of your choice or with Amphibian on one of our long weekend or week trips to our partner centres in Sharm el-Sheikh, Menorca, Gran Canaria or Malta.
Part 1: Knowlege Development
This develops your familiarity with basic principles and safety concepts of diving.
You complete the knowledge development in your own time, using your selected version (Paper or Digital), and by completing the knowledge reviews.
You briefly review what you studied in each section with your instructor and take a short quiz to be sure you’re confident with the information.
You also take a short exam that makes sure you are happy with all the key concepts.
Part 2: confined water (pool)
In the pool, you will experience your first breaths underwater and learn the skills required to dive in the open water and to dive safely.
Part 3: Open Water Dives
Four open water dives are required for certification with four dives conducted over 2 days.
You now get the chance to put to practice what you learnt in the pool and fully experience the adventure of diving in the open water!
This could be with Amphibian at a local UK dive site or you can join one of the Amphibian holidays such as Portugal or Malta (flexible dates, minimum 4 people).
- Course tuition
- Crew Pack (paper or digital, your choice)
- Equipment hire
- Air fills in the pool and the first fill at the open water site
- Certification eCard (with the exception of referral course)
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Entrance to open water dive site – 2 days at £15 per day (Wraysbury)
- Subsequent air fills on open water dives (£2.50 -£3.50 payable directly to the site)
Self study, with review prior to pool sessions
- Wednesday Evenings: Malden Centre, New Malden
- Friday Evenings: Putney Leisure Centre, Putney
Open Water Dives
at Wraysbury Dive Centre, near Windsor.
PADI Course Introduction Video
PADI Open Water Referral (theory & pool dives only)
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including Drysuit, Enriched Air, Advanced, Rescue, and First Aid modules, etc…