Padi Open Water Referral
LEARN IN THE UKCOMPLETE YOUR PADI OVERSEAS
The PADI Open Water Referral course is a subset of the world’s most popular diver certification and is intended for people who have never dived before and who want to become qualified.
The Open Water Referral course allows you to complete the theory and pool sections for the PADI Open Water course before finishing with the open water dives abroad. This saves you precious time while on you’re holiday.
The course provides you with the knowledge needed to keep you safe as you experience your first breaths underwater and explore the underwater world. Once certified you will be able to dive to 18m with a buddy.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you learn to dive, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to train safe and confident divers.
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and you enjoy your session more.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team.
- We understand that everyone is not necessarily a natural on day 1!
The PADI Open Water Referral Course
The PADI Open Water Referral consists of 2 of the 3 components of the full Open Water Course:
- Knowledge Development (eLearning)
- Confined Water (pool)
The knowledge development is available in two formats, depending on your preferred style of learning:
- Paper based – (Manual + DVD
- Digital – PC , Mac, Mobile device (iOS or Android)
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Confined Water / Knowledge Development – This can be completed over approximately 4 / 5 evenings
- You must be 10 years old or older
- You will need adequate water skills- 200m swim & 10 min float
- Good physical health. You will need to make sure that you can answer “No” to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required
If you do not want to complete the open water section of the course in the UK, you can complete the confined water and knowledge development in the UK, and then the open water dives overseas at any PADI Centre of your choice or with Aquanaut on one of our long weekend or week trips to our partner centres in Sharm El Sheikh, Menorca, Gran Canaria or Malta.
Part 1: Knowlege Development
This develops your familiarity with basic principles and safety concepts of diving.
You complete the knowledge development in your own time, using your selected version (Paper or Digital), and by completing the knowledge reviews.
You briefly review what you studied in each section with your instructor and take a short quiz to be sure you’re confident with the information.
You also take a short exam that makes sure you are happy with all the key concepts.
Part 2: confined water (pool)
In the pool, you will experience your first breaths underwater and learn the skills required to safely dive in the open water.
Part 3: Open Water Dives (Optional)
If you change your plans change and during the referral course you decide you’d like to complete the open water dives in the UK, we can certainly accommodate you.
Four open water dives are required for full certification with four dives conducted over 2 days.
You now get the chance to put to practice what you learnt in the pool and fully experience the adventure of diving in the open water!
This could be with Amphibian at a local UK dive site or you can join one of the Amphibian holidays such as Sharm el-Sheikh or Malta (flexible dates, minimum 4 people).
- Course tuition
- Crew Pack (paper or digital, your choice)
- Equipment hire
- Air fills in the pool and the first fill at the open water site
- Referral completion form
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Qualifying dives and associated costs in Sharm el-Sheikh, Malta, or the location of your choice
Self study, with review prior to pool sessions
- Wednesday Evenings: Malden Centre, New Malden
- Friday Evenings: Putney Leisure Centre, Putney
PADI Course Introduction Video
PADI Open Water Referral (theory & pool dives only)
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including Drysuit, Enriched Air, Advanced, Rescue, and First Aid modules, etc…