Creating Confidence to CareBECOME AN EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE INSTRUCTOR
The Emergency First Response Instructor course builds on your skill as an Emergency Responder and focuses on developing your instructional abilities to teach these skills to others.
The course is open to divers and nondivers, so if you have an interest in teaching First Aid, then this course is for you. Yes, it is a prerequisite for becoming a PADI Instructor, but the course opens up many teaching opportunities in nondiving sectors and the workplace.
Alongside our First Aid specific company First Aid Basics, the Aquanaut Instructor Training Team all have actual, extensive experience teaching the EFR courses in both diving and workplace environments.
We teach you how to teach in real life, based on actual experiences working with an ability range of students in a number of industries and workplaces, helping you make your courses more relevant, successful, and gain you more bookings.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The EFR Instructor Course
The EFR Instructor course provides you with the additional training necessary to teach the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR), Secondary Care (First Aid), and Care for Children courses. (Region-specific courses, HSE First Aid at Work GB require additional training).
The EFR Instructor course covers specific goals and performance requirements for the Primary Care, Secondary Care, and Care for Children courses, along with instruction on how to structure learning, the requirements of performance-based training, and your role as the instructor in the learning environment.
You also learn how to motivate students, evaluate student knowledge, present course content effectively, become proficient in developing students’ hands-on skills practice sessions, and are taught how to present an effective scenario based learning experience.
The EFR instructor program is 2 days and is classroom based. At Amphibian we run the program either over 2 consecutive days or 5 evenings (can be spread out to suit). If you have particular requirements we can schedule a course to suit.
We also run courses in conjunction with our PADI IDC program in the UK and Sharm el-Sheikh.
- Minimum age 18 years
- You must have completed adult, child, and infant CPR and first aid training in the past 24 months, or be a practicing medical professional such as a physician, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, and Registered Nurse.
- If you do not have the required levels of training, we can arrange them for you at Amphibian.
- You do not need to be a PADI Instructor.
44a Chapel Road
London, SE27 0UR
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout the course
What’s Not Included
- Participant Manuals and DVDs
- Instructor Manual
- EFR Instructor application fee (payable directly to EFR)
EFR Instructor Course
Please note: Course prices do NOT include the Crew Pack or EFRI Application Fee
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, OWSI etc…