Padi Enriched Air Diver
DIVE NITROXBECOME A PADI ENRICHED AIR DIVER
Enriched Air Nitrox is for technical divers, right?
It’s only worth it if you want to dive deeper for longer, right?
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is for every diver! Yes, it does allow you to safely extend your no stop time beyond the no decompression limits for air. However, if you were to make even a short, shallow dive on enriched air you would reap the benefits.
You need to be a certified Enriched Air Diver to get enriched air fills or hire an enriched air tank.
The PADI Enriched Air Diver specialty certifies you to use Enriched Air Nitrox up to a maximum of 40% oxygen. Whilst some divers use the certification as the first step toward Technical Diving, most see it as simply a means to achieve extended no decompression limits and dive for longer, or to end their dive with less nitrogen in their body and to lower their risk of decompression illness.
Taking PADI Specialities is also a great way to achieve the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating and show others your experience and dedication.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Enriched Air Diver Course
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and a lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session you’ll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
At Aquanaut we, therefore, offer this course with and without the dives, and in conjunction with other courses. Many people choose to do this course in partnership with either their Advanced Open Water or another speciality course, such as the Wreck Diver or Deep Diver.
If you own a dive computer we will also take you through how to set your computer into nitrox mode and plan nitrox dives.
Prior to the practical session, you will have completed the Enriched Air Diver eLearning.
During the practical session, you will learn to analyse the contents of your diving cylinder, mark up a cylinder and the required paperwork, as well as plan a series of dives using Enriched Air.
These are conducted over one day. There are no actual skills on the dive – the skill is involved in learning how to plan the dives, and how to analyse the content of your cylinder before diving.
This makes the Enriched Air course easy to combine with other PADI specialty courses.
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver).
- If you wish to complete the optional dives you should be in relatively good health and fitness. You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
PADI Course Introduction Video
- Course Tuition
- Enriched Air eLearning
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site (£10-15 payable directly to the site.)
- Subsequent air fills (£2.50 – £3.50 payable directly to the site).
- Cylinder hire + enriched air fills (approximately £20)
Self study eLearning
Amphibian Scuba, West Norwood
OPEN WATER (optional)
Wraysbury Dive Centre, Wraysbury or Vobster Quay
PADI Enriched Air Diver inc eLearning
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including Open Water, Advanced, Peak Performance Buoyancy, and Enriched Air etc…