Padi Assistant Instructor Course
LEARN TO TEACH DIVERSTAKE THE PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
The PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course is the first step to becoming a full Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI).
Run by one of our experienced PADI IDC Staff Instructors, the AI course runs over 5 days, or a number of evenings (the first section of the IDC), depending on the number of candidates attending. The program includes academic, confined, and open water teaching sessions and takes you through the basics of becoming an instructor.
Qualifying as an AI allows you to progress on to the OWSI program and allows you to teach programs like the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty, and Project Aware as well as gain valuable experience conducting certain portions of the Open Water Diver Course. And so you can gain some real life teaching practice whilst also building your experience working as part of an instructing team.
With our sister store, Aquanaut Scuba, we run several Instructor Development Courses per year, both in the UK and in Sharm El Sheikh and you can join for just the first half to complete your Assistant Instructor.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course
This course is run over 4-5 days (depending on the size of the classes) or can be run over a series of evenings on flexible dates to suit you.
We work with you to guide you in how to teach within the PADI system, predominantly focussing on practical applications for knowledge development, confined, and open water.
We introduce you to all the materials available to assist you with teaching, familiarise you with standards and procedures, and most importantly give you practical teaching tips based on our extensive experience as a team working in both the UK and overseas resort markets.
PADI Course Introduction Video
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout the course
- Air Fills
What’s Not Included
- PADI eLearning
- IDC Crew Pack & Student Course Materials
- Assistant Instructor Application (payable to PADI)
44a Chapel Road
London, SE27 0UR
PADI Assistant Instructor
Please note: Course prices do NOT include the Crew Pack or PADI Application Fee
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including EFRI, Assistant Instructor, OWSI, MSDT etc….