Padi Junior Divemaster
ADVANCE YOUR SKILLSBECOME A PADI JUNIOR DIVEMASTER
The PADI Junior Divemaster course is an exciting new certification course from PADI designed for younger divers who want to climb the PADI professional ladder.
At Amphibian this course is completed on an internship basis. This means you work alongside our team of experienced instructors, working with real students and you can progress at your own pace depending on your available time.
As we are a PADI 5* Dive Centre, you will work with and be mentored by senior instructors (including our in-house Course Director James Wilkinson). This approach not only gets you the best out of the Junior Divemaster course but sets you up ready to become a full divemaster once you turn 18 and then embark on the instructor training program.
We are not about achieving the minimum to tick a box, we work with you to be the best you can be.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Junior Divemaster Course
Mentored by one of our Staff Instructors, throughout the course you will gain knowledge and role model techniques that will set you on the road to becoming a true dive professional.
The PADI Junior Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- The business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organising a search and recovery project
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Minimum 15 years of age
- Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver or have an equivalent certification from another training organisation. CPR and first aid training completed in the last 24 months.
- 20 logged dives
- You should be in relatively good health and fitness. You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
PADI Course Introduction Video
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout the course
- Air Fills
- Divemaster eLearning
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site (at £18 – £27, payable directly to the site)
Self study with review prior to in water activities
Wednesday Evenings: Malden Centre, New Malden
Wednesday Eve (term time only): St. Joseph’s School pool, West Norwood
Friday Evenings: Putney Leisure Centre, Putney
Wraysbury Dive Centre, Wraysbury, Vobster Quay, Somerset and/or Stoney Cove, Leicestershire
PADI Junior Divemaster
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including Rescue Diver, Deep, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Drysuit, and Enriched Air etc…