Padi Open Water Scuba Instructor Course
BECOME A PADI INSTRUCTORTAKE THE PADI OPEN WATER SCUBA INSTRUCTOR COURSE
Run in conjunction with our sister store, Aquanaut Scuba, by our in-house Course Director James Wilkinson, the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) course runs over 5 days (the last 5 days of a full Instructor Development Course) and includes academic, confined, and open water teaching sessions.
We run OWSI courses both in the UK and in Sharm el-Sheikh
This course is designed to hone your skills as a dive educator and give you a thorough understanding of how to make the best use of the PADI system of diver education. It’s about applying the teaching skills you have learned, and understanding the bigger picture of being an instructor and your role within a dive centre. Working with our team we will share with you our practical experience from running dive centres and multiple courses both in the UK and overseas resorts environments
Upon successful completion of this course, you will take the Instructor Exam (IE). The IE is an independent evaluation of your diving and educational skills run by the Instructor Development Team at PADI.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course
The OWSI introduces individual courses and how to apply your teaching skills to them as well as elevating the teaching presentations you learned to put together in the AI course. Our team will enrich your learning with real life experience from working with hundreds of divers in both the UK and overseas resorts environments.
You will need to complete the following course components:
- Complete the full skill circuit of 24 basic scuba skills.
- Deliver presentations on parts of dive theory from the courses you’ll be qualified to teach.
- Give teaching presentations in confined water working with simulated students.
- Give teaching presentations in open water combining multiple skills with simulated students.
- Give a demonstration of a complete rescue scenario.
- Complete various workshops in the following areas: DSDs and Scuba Reviews, Adventures in Diving and Rescue, and Marketing.
- Attend presentations on key areas of being a dive professional from the structure of individual courses to risk management and the business of diving.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Assistant Instructor .
- Have a minimum of 60 logged dives (100 required to attend the Instructor Examination) with night, deep, and navigation experience.
- A valid HSE Dive medical (within 12 months)
- Be current with your EFR / CPR & First Aid training (within the last 24 months)
PADI Course Introduction Video
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout the course
- Air Fills
What’s Not Included
- PADI eLearning (purchased for AI)
- IDC Crew Pack & Student Course Materials (purchased for AI)
- Instructor Examination Fee (payable to PADI)
- Instructor Application (payable to PADI)
34 Coombe Road
Surrey, KT2 7AG
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
Please note: Course prices do NOT include the Crew Pack or PADI Application Fee
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including EFRI, Assistant Instructor, OWSI, MSDT etc….