Padi Instructor Development Course
Run in conjunction with our sister store Aquanaut Scuba by our in-house Course Director James Wilkinson, the full PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) runs over 10 days and includes academic, confined water, and open water teaching sessions.
We run several IDCs per year, both in the UK and in Sharm el-Sheikh.
This course is designed to hone your skills as a dive educator and give you a thorough understanding of how to make best use of the PADI system of diver education.
Upon successful completion of the IDC you will take the Instructor Exam (IE). The IE is an independent evaluation of your diving and educational skills run by the Instructor Development Team at PADI.
WHY LEARN WITH AMPHIBIAN?
- Our staff are here to help you improve your diving, not just tick a box. We are not a certification ‘factory’ we are here to develop safer more confident divers…and have fun!
- We keep our class sizes small so you feel more comfortable and get the most out of your experience.
- Everything is explained in simple steps, guided by our experienced instructing team. There are no ‘stupid questions’.
- We love diving and sharing our diving experiences with our students.
The PADI Instructor Development Course
The IDC combines the PADI Assistant Instructor, OWSI and EFR Instructor programs into one comprehensive course. You will learn how to teach divers from Open Water to Divemaster and to successfully apply these skills across the PADI system of education.
Working with our Course Director James Wilkinson, you will not only learn the basics of becoming a PADI Instructor and passing the Instructor Exam but also gain an insight into the real world application of the teaching both in the UK and resort environments. James is the owner of Anthias Divers in Sharm el-Sheikh and is also a qualified service technician, so he can work with you on the bigger picture of diving, and how to position yourself to make the most of the teaching and job opportunities available worldwide.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster
- Have a minimum of 60 logged dives (100 required to attend the Instructor Examination) with night, deep, and navigation experience.
- A valid HSE Dive medical (within 12 months)
- Be current with your EFR / CPR & First Aid training (within the last 24 months)
PADI Course Introduction Video
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout the course
- Air Fills
- EFR Instructor training
What’s Not Included
- IDC Crew Pack & Student Course Materials
- EFR Instructor Manual
- Instructor Examination Fee (payable to PADI)
- Instructor Application (payable to PADI)
- EFR Instructor application (payable to PADI)
34 Coombe Road
Surrey, KT2 7AG
PADI Instructor Development Course
Please note: Course prices do NOT include the Crew Pack or PADI Application Fee
For Packages, Options, and Discounts
Including EFRI, Assistant Instructor, OWSI, MSDT etc….