After COVID has delayed us 3 years in a row, and after 3 amazing trips to the Philippines in the past, we just have to return again to this exceptional diving destination to experience the pristine reefs and true biodiversity of the underwater life, big and small.
Our 2023 trip will take in the stunning reefs of Southern Leyte and the Thresher Sharks of Malapascua. Lynne has dived both locations and stayed at both resorts and will accompany the trip.
Southern Leyte is one of the hidden gems of the Philippines; on the little visited Eastern side of the Visayas, tourism is low key, meaning the chances are you will have the whole reef to yourself and the reefs, well, they are simply stunning! It is not guaranteed, but there is a chance of seeing Whale Sharks too!
Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, there are not so many resorts that have a house reef like SBSR, with pigmy seahorses, turtles and frogfish being commonplace. The resort is small, clean and tidy and well run by Phil, Annalyn and Pedro, who are as enthusiastic today as they have ever been about their wonderful underwater world.
Malapascua is the only place in the world where recreational divers can predictably see thresher sharks.
The sharks come up from the deep for a clean on Monad Shoal and it is not uncommon to see several or more individuals during one dive.
Exotic Resort was the first to start diving with Thresher sharks. The dive centre has a friendly and well run operation and with six boats available, there are no issues about missing out on going anywhere! The resort is perfectly located right on the picturesque white sand Bounty beach.
SSaturday, 11 March 23 – Day 1 Depart London 30kg baggage.
Sunday, 12 March 23 – Day 2 Arrive Manila, transfer Henry Hotel, Manila
Monday, 13 March 23 – Day 3 Depart Manila, fly to Tacloban and transfer to Southern Leyte
Tuesday, 14 March 23 – Day 4 to
Saturday 18 March 23 – Day 8 Southern Leyte – Sogod Bay Scuba Resort – Dive days 1 – 5
Sunday, 19 March 23 – Day 9 Depart Southern Leyte, transfer to Malapascua Exotic Resort
Monday, 20 March 23 – Day 10 to
Friday, 24 March 23 – Day 14 Malapascua – Exotic Resort – Dive days 1-5
Saturday, 25 March 23 – Day 15 Depart Malapascua, transfer to Cebu, Depart Philippines
Sunday, 26 March 23 – Day 16 Arrive London
What is included for £1950:
• Transfer from Manila Airport by private van, and 1 Night Henry Hotel, Manila, twin share, B&B
• Flight from Manila to Tacloban (20kg luggage allowance) Cebu Pacific Air
• Transfer from Tacloban to Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Padre Burgos, by private van
• 6 nights Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Ocean front or apartment room, twin share, full board meals
• 15 dives, inc boat, guide, tank & weights
• Transfer from Padre Burgos to Malapascua by private van & boat
• 6 nights Malapascua Exotic resort, Deluxe room, twin share, full board meals
• 15 day dives, inc boat, guide, tank & weights
• Transfer from Malapascua to Cebu Airport by private boat & van
• ATOL and Travel Trust Association financial protection.
• International flights from London to Manila / return Cebu. Quote can be provided at time of booking (circa £800)
• Marine park fees
• Alcoholic and soft drinks at resorts, Tips at resorts
• Nitrox – £100 additional charge if required or payable locally.
Contact Lynne at Amphibian Scuba for more info and registration form.
020 8761 2458